Direct Care Professional
Direct Care Professional - Job Description
The direct care worker works with adults with traumatic brain injury to communicate program expectations and ensure daily well-being.
Work to support each client toward the achievement of active treatment goals.
Assist residents to maintain a safe, comfortable, home-like environment.
Provide transportation in company vehicles and accompany clients to medical appointments, personal and group recreational group activities, shopping, etc..
Ensure individuals schedule is followed and implement behavioral plan
Assist with medication administration after successful completion of Department of Public Welfare mandated training.
Provide assistance to clients in completion of ADLs, as needed.
* Direct Client Professional team members are required to work a minimum of 5 weekend shifts/month and some holidays.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have some human services/direct care experience as an employee or family member.
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance.
- Must have transportation to work - no pubic transportation is available.
- Proof of a high school diploma, GED and/or college/university degree from a US educational institution or equivalency certification from World Education services or Educational Credential Evaluator Services for non-US diploma or degree or active status on PA CNA registry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires walking, standing, stooping, sitting, kneeling, bending, pushing and pulling. You must be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Why work with Success Rehabilitation:
- A purposeful career, you care for people and help transform lives every day.
- Work in a team and family environment that encourages internal advancement.
- Great benefits, including the highest starting salaries/rates in the industry. see below
- Ample development opportunities to grow your network and knowledge in the healthcare industry.
- Tuition reimbursement for relevant coursework in the healthcare industry.
Our in-house chef keeps our team members happy and healthy during the work day.